Former Muvhango actress, Phindile Gwala has been in the headlines lately for reportedly getting fired by E.tv’s soapie, Imbewu.
The actress currently plays the role of Fikile and is popularly known for playing the role of Nonny on Muvhango.
She exited the Muvhango in 2017 to focus on her businesses and her family.
- Phindile met her current husband, Congolese model, Armando Ngandu in a parking lot at a club in 2016. The pair dated for two years and got married traditionally in December 2018 and haven’t looked back since.
- Her husband has a daughter from his previous relationship called Lola Ngangu and she has a daughter from a previous relationship called Thato Gwala.
- It is reported that her first husband who is the biological father of her daughter, Thato passed away shortly after they got married by a car accident.
- Viewers first met Phindile when she debuted on Muvhango in 2012 as a noisy receptionist called Nonny and loved her since.
- The 34-year-old actress stated in an interview with Metro FM that she left the SABC 2 soapie because she spent close to 12 hours at work and had little time for herself and her family.
- She prefers acting in theatre and movies compared to TV as she gets more time to do what she loves.
- She owns a car wash and a Chisanyama (in Wynberg, Johannesburg) with her husband.
- Their car wash is called Lotha Car Wash which is a combination of their daughters’ names, Lola and Thato.
The actress also trended earlier this year when a woman named Nompilo revealed that she was minding her business at the nightclub while taking some videos and Phindile assumed she captured her, grabbed the phone, deleted the first video and smashed her phone.
Gwala resolved the issue with Nompilo but received backlash from social media who called her a diva.